Gold Coast: World Heritage Rain Forest and Wilderness Tour16 Reviews
Journey through the Hinterland region of Southeast Queensland on our inclusive day tour. Spot kangaroos, koalas and wallabies. The rainforest, waterfalls and valleys will provide the stunning backdrop.
- On our Window to the Wilderness tour you will journey through a World Heritage listed rainforest in Lamington National Park
- Spot a variey of wildlife including koalas, wallabies and kangaroos
- Enjoy a restaurant lunch plus morning or afternoon snacks and refreshments
- Learn how to use a boomerang
- Canopy treetop walk, over 30 metres above the ground
- Feed wild birds including Crimson Rosellas and beautiful Australian King Parrots
DescriptionRunning since 1994, we have fine tuned our tour to cover everyone’s interests. From the many international guests that join us to the Aussie’s from interstate we are proud to be able to provide something for everyone. Your Window to the Wilderness tour begins on Queensland’s Gold Coast. Just beyond the beaches awaits Nature’s Paradise, the World Heritage Rainforests of Lamington National Park. Wander around the famous arts and crafts street of Gallery Walk, perusing the works of locals. Enjoy sweet and savoury snacks and refreshments. It's then time to stretch your legs again for a leisurely bush walk. Discover lush subtropical rainforests with cascading waterfalls, and listen to your expert guide’s stories about the forests unique characteristics and how the Aboriginal people lived there. After lots of exploring, it's time for some good food. Head to a local Hinterland restaurant and enjoy a delicious lunch. Choose from a lunch option of beef, chicken, fish or vegetarian. The meal also includes soft drinks, juice, beer and wine. The tour continues on into the mountainous regions of Lamington National Park (Australia’s largest preserved natural stand of subtropical rainforest). At O’Reilly’s Plateau, some 3,000 feet above sea level, colorful native birds will flock around you, asking you to feed them. The Treetop Boardwalk, through the rainforest canopy, offers a bird’s eye view of the area. During your return journey you will be able to see from the Gold Coast to Brisbane and around to the Great Dividing Range. You are also likely to spot kangaroos and wallabies. In the cooler parts of the day they emerge from their bush retreats to feed on the lush grass.
IncludesPick-up and drop off at central Gold Coast hotels (Broadbeach, Surfers Paradise, Main Beach and Southport) Morning or afternoon sweet and savory snacks and refreshments Restaurant lunch with variety of choices including options of beef, chicken, fish or veg, served with a choice of beer, wine or juice Bird feeding seeds Park entry fees
- It is recommended that guests wear enclosed, comfy walking shoes.
- Cancellations received within 24-hours of tour departure will attract a 100% cancellation fee (includes no shows)
- Due to many stairs and uneven ground along the tracks, this tour is not suitable for prams or strollers
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability