My Guide Website?
From Hollywell: Gold Coast Reef and Wreck Scuba Diving Tour
Join a scuba diving tour from Hollywell in Queensland and dive into the world's first artistically designed buoyant reef. Then, enjoy a second spectacular dive at the Wreck of the Scottish Prince.
- Feel the ocean breeze as you set sail aboard a catamaran from Hollywell
- Visit 2 of the Gold Coast's most extraordinary dive sites in 1 day
- Marvel at the 9 imposing structures of the world's first buoyant reef
- Watch as the floating spirals sway in the ocean like a giant kelp forest
- Explore the fascinating underwater world of the Scottish Prince Shipwreck
DescriptionHop aboard a catamaran in Hollywell and set sail on a scuba diving adventure. Dive the 9 beautiful individual reef spirals that make up the buoyant Wonder Reef. Then, head to your second dive spot for the day, the Scottish Prince Shipwreck. Enjoy a convenient pickup from your hotel or head to the Runaway Bay Marina in Hollywell to begin your diving adventure. Your first dive takes you to Wonder Reef, the world's first buoyant reef floating a staggering 22 meters above the sea floor. It consists of 9 reef spirals that have attracted a wonderful array of marine life. Expect to see lots of small schooling fish at the bottom foundation reef as well as spotted large Queensland Groupers, and schools of Yellow Tail Scads. Other popular species include lionfish, moray eels, angle fish, butterfly fish, small stingrays, guitar fish, and butter bream. Then, hop back aboard the catamaran and make your way to your second dive site for the day. As you sail, refuel with some snacks and warm up with a hot soup or a cup of tea. Dive back into the water and explore the Scottish Prince Shipwreck. The vessel ran aground in 1887 and was abandoned a few days later as it sank. Today, the wreck has created a magnificent dive site with the iron hull broken into 3 main sections. The Scottish Prince's underwater superstructure lies in about 10 meters of water and provides food and shelter to a variety of marine life including sponges, corals, pelagic and reef fish, rays, octopus, and lots of wobbegong sharks. After your dive, relax aboard the boat and make your way back to the marina in Hollywell. If you booked the option with transfers, your tour will end with a hotel drop-off.
IncludesOffshore diving excursion aboard a catamaran Diving equipment In-water dive guide Snacks Hot soup and tea Spray jackets to keep you warm Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- This dive tour is for certified divers only and not suitable as an introductory diving experience Diving requirements for participants: You must be qualified as an Open Water Diver or higher with any agency You must have recent dive experience within 12 months if you have less than 25 logged dives or within 24 months if you have logged more than 25 dives You must present your diving certification card on the day and complete an online dive waiver The wreck has no areas that can be penetrated hence no wreck diving certification is needed An in-water dive guide will be available to help you navigate the dive sites Scuba diving activities are weather dependent, and any weather issues will be communicated to you the day prior via phone or using the email addresses provided when booking Toilet and shower facilities are available at the marina